2017 Recap

It took me so long to be able to sit down and relax to have time writing for myself, it has been almost a year. Time is crucial, it just knock in our head and then we realize that everything is changing. I am just using this space to review my last year, because it was just a marvelous time for me.

There are so many things that I am thankful for 2017.

I am so thankful for people who helped me grow. I feel grateful that I decided to join Tiki Corp in Vietnam. It was such a great start for me as a full-time contributor to a rare, progressive organization. Everything that I learned at Tiki has made me grown so much faster. Growing and having empathy are the main accomplishments that I achieved at Tiki. People at Tiki (especially Engineering team) are the biggest highlight of my time in Vietnam. Without them, I couldn’t make the fascinating move in my career path last year: joining Facebook Singapore. I am absolutely proud of being part of the big journey and to work with a fabulous team to connect the unconnected! Vietnam media industry is growing so fast that I can’t wait to contribute to its progress.

I am thankful for my failures last year. The low-light is that I failed to go back to school for another master’s degree. I tried so hard and spent so much resources to the school admissions and that pressure affected heavily on my behaviors and my relationship. On the other hand, it helped me review my capabilities and wisely consider other opportunities.

I am thankful for my relationships. I feel so lucky to have so many good friends that I could rely on when I am at lowest. The importance of good relationships is even more emphasized when you start your new life at a new country. It still sounds a little bit surreal for me that I have relocated to Singapore. I ended up staying together with my childhood best friend. It would be just like the old times when we stayed together in San Francisco.

I am thankful that I am growing old. I know I complained about it sometimes, but I would love to honor the 26 years that made me who I am today. It could be no longer excitement for clubbing or partying or socializing; but it could be replaced by a good book, a good show or a good wine.

I am thankful for my family’s health. No matter what, family is still the destination for any wild soul.



Buh-bye 2017. Let’s ring in 2✨0✨1✨8 with all the good feels.

Comments

  1. hello Phuong, I'm also Vietnamese, currently I'm living and working in Germany, I have opened a nail salon and created a fanpage to promote my nail salon, but now I have having some copyright problems, some bad guy created a fake copyright report and reported my fanpage, I'm not infringing copyright, I need your help, I can contact where to contact you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts