“Can you afford being picky?”

I know, it’s September already. This August was such a great month, which I felt like I did try to live every day as I relished every moment of that month, when I still can.

A quick flashback to last month: a Birthday fulfilled with love and joy and adventures, a memorable trip to Hawaii, a remarkable time that I officially graduated (yay and nay).


Once September hits, everything changed, literally. My best friend/roommate/wingman left for a great changing-life opportunity at another side of the globe. Honestly, I do feel lonely sometimes. We do have our different life goals, hobbies but we share a lot of common things and thoughts. We did not share every little thing going on in our life, but we always were at the right moment for each other when needed. It’s just, eventually we’re all going to move on. “It’s called growing up” – Lily, HIMYM. I will see him soon though, definitely.

About Time (2013)


As he moved out, I just have two new roommates recently. We are in the first stage of “knowing each other”. Well, we always need to take time to get to know someone, we are taking it slowly. A happy ending is never easy to anticipate, though.

As I officially graduated, I am now in the market (any markets, actually ;)). After experiencing couple phone screens, on-site interviews, I realized that taking a job is just as similar as dating a person. You could wear makeup nicely, but you can’t make up your real person. You should not change yourself just because of someone. You could improve yourself to a better version, but changing yourself to fit someone’s company won’t work. It is necessary to be with someone who can see your values and enjoy your character. Everybody asks me, “Can you afford being picky?”. From my perspective, we always have options, either in a romantic relationship, or a professional commitment. Everything won’t work the way you force it to happen. Yes, I guess I can afford to be a believer. When you meet someone, you just click; I sure believe in the click.

My friends, don’t lose faith.


A new season just begins. 

Comments

Popular Posts