The rainbow


The last few months seemed the longest time which involved a lot of changes of my life.

If you have known me for a while, then you might know that I like to plan things, like, for days, weeks, months ahead. I want to train myself to be conscientious and forethoughtful. In the last three months, I couldn’t. I had to learn how to live with back-up plans, A, B, C… (hopefully it won’t get to Z) and I was struggled with the uncertainty. The feeling of instability and insecurity is not enjoyable, yet it helps us grow.

I learned that being in an unstable situation doesn’t mean you have to be alone. If you are lucky enough, there is someone who would like to go through the challenges with you.

I learned that spending quality time with family is very important. The capability of being around parents is priceless.

I learned that life is not always expectable. No matter how hard you try, how far you have planned ahead, the outcome can be sucky sometimes.

And to make things even more challenging, it’s been raining like dogs and cats in the bay area. At another time, like a year ago, I would love to enjoy the rain drops and the humid air. Currently, it’s just sad.
Then, the rainbow comes up. Of course, you won’t see it if you keep looking down.

I still believe that everything happens for a reason. I am still struggling with my scenarios; I am still in an unstable situation that I couldn’t plan ahead anything. At least, I know I am not alone. Thank you all my friends for being such so sweet, so caring and supporting.

I choose to look up, and you should, too.

To all of my friends who are going through the visa lottery, best of luck!

Comments

Popular Posts